BOOKINGS TERMS and CONDITIONS:
Machu Picchu & Sacred Valley Retreats
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Machu Picchu & Sacred Valley Retreats
During these changable times, we offer flexibility. This applies to bookings made directly with us ( via Wetravel, bank and direct email coktactBookings made with 3rd party pages (such as Bookretreats, Bookyogaretreats, and Retreatguru sites) have their own conditions, as stated on their sites.
The terms & conditions are made to give clarity between the parts, and to be fair and necessary. Please note that a minimum of 5 participants are needed in order to host for the advertised price. If fewer participants, there will be an added cost per participant according to numbers and the original booking channel. These details will be stated in the welcome email.
Important: We highly recommend you book any flights via the airlines directly & that you choose a ticket that has one free date- change. And if possible, that is refundable.
Travel insurance: We highly recommend you have travel insurance.
Passport: Check your passport validity. It needs to be valid 6 months minimum.
Transportation: Organizer provide private & offer organization transport. We consider this the safest. If participant chooses to use local transport, the Organizer is freed from any complaints, responsibility & claims of this. Organizer can also not be responsible should driver of private transport in the very unlikely event of an accident happen, and hence is not to be sued.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES BY PARTICIPANT:
- How to cancel? ~ Notify the host by email.
- Cancellations 180 days or more before the retreat: 90 % refund, minus the *administrative fee. And minus Machu Picchu entrance tickets, train tickets, and bus from the village to Machu Picchu Bus (if these are already booked). You may have a free date change within 12 months, minus * administrative fee of 75$.
- Cancellations 180-90 days before start, one free date change within 12 months, minus * administrative fee of 155$, and the Machu Picchu ticket entrance, train tickets, and Machu Picchu Bus. (if these are already booked.)
- Cancellations less than 60 days before the retreat: One free date change within the coming 12 months will be available minus *administrative fee of 222$ that covers: planning, organization, bookings, etc., and minus Machu Picchu ticket cost, bus, and train cost (if these are already booked).
- Specifics: Cancellations less than 15-10 days before: Non-refundable.- a fee of 222$ will be withdrawn from the deposit and the rest can be moved to a date within 6 months- minus costs of the train, entrance to Machu Picchu, and bus to Machu Picchu ( third party, and non-refundable )
- Cancellations 10-5 days before: Non- refundable. A fee of 300$ $ will be withdrawn from the payments.and the rest can be moved to a later date within 6 months, minus Machu Picchu ticket cost, Bus ticket cost to Machu Picchu, and other potential non-refundable last-minute costs.
- Sudden travel changes less than 10 days before the start: Flight cancellations, family emergencies, illness, etc: Host will do their best to move the dates- minus fees/costs stated above. Conditions are the same as the point above. We can provide documents for travel insurance purposes.
- No refund if Participant attends the Retreat, but leaves early, whatever the reason.
- Any refunds due to Participant according to this Agreement will be made in USD or EURO or NOK, by bank or otherwise to Participant within 30 days of receiving proper cancellation notice.
- Participant wishes to change dates: Need to know minimum of 6 weeks before & there is no cost for date changes, minus administrative fee and non-refundable costs as stated above. This is possible for 2 times as long as we are in a state of emergency in Peru —when not in an official state of emergency- 1 change is offered.
- Between 6 – 3 weeks before the event, administrative fee of 233$ will be subtracted from the payments for date change as there have already been costs with the organization of the event & bookings, etc. And such a late cancellation may affect the hosts’ ability to host and participants to attend.
- Changing date 3-2 weeks before start is possible minus a fee of 255$ and non refundable tickets to Machu Picchu, train, bus & hotel bookings.
- Can the amount paid be applied to another retreat or healing sessions? Yes, usually, be in touch to talk about opions.
- If borders are closed and traveling is not possible, 122$ will be subtracted from the deposit and the rest of the payment, minus the Machu Picchu Entrance ticket and bus ticket. The rest can be used within 12 months of the original retreat date for online courses, Healing or a Retreat.
- Changing the date of the Machu Picchu entrance is in the hands of Gov. and usually it’s not possible. Same refers to the train tickets & Machu Picchu bus.
- 60$ of the 122 $ may also be gifted as a kind donation towards Mother Earth New Earth Community Project in the Sacred Valley.
- What is the administrative fee? That is a fee covering: planning your retreat, booking things for your retreat, local taxes, organization, online communication, website costs, meetings, and more. Much time has been spent and employees need to be paid for that time.
- If the retreat is booked via Bookyogaretreats, their rules apply; no refund and a free date change. They keep the deposit you paid.
- If the retreat is booked via the Bookretreats site, or Retreatguru: check the listing for conditions, or be in touch.
- We always recommend booking directly with us in order to enable possible discounts, and have the easiest and most flexible conditions; as well as paying less extra in case there are few participants. The third-party sites subtract a 15 – 16% commission; plus a fee. In these cases, the price of hosting for few people will be higher than with direct bookings in order to enable fair pay for workers and also common costs covered.
- Please note that Machu Picchu entrances already reserved and paid for are completely non-refundable and non-changeable, those are government rules. Bus tickets are non-refundable and most of the time train tickets are as well. We reserve and pay for entrances to the ruins early in order to have space on the date we will enter.
- The host needs to move the dates: Host will notify as long before as possible.
- One free date change within 12 months. No administrative fee.
- Retreat cost needs to be paid 100% 4 weeks before the start. With later bookings, we ask that all be paid immediately.
- Payment method will be appointed with participant, according to where you he/ she is located.
- For last-minute bookings, and sometimes earlier bookings, we occasionally accept partial cash payment for the retreat upon arrival, based on prior arrangements between the organizer (host) and participant. Everything needs to be paid before start. We do not deal with payments once the retreat container has started.
- Participant will be offered various payment methods that work in Peru. We can not accept Zelle and Venmo as those services are exclusively for US Citizens. We also can not accept PayPal.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES BY HOST:
- Host reserves the right to cancel the Retreat up to ten (10) days prior to the start of the Retreat if 4 or fewer people have confirmed their reservations. In such an event, Participant will be given a full refund of any payments made to Host, except the administrative fee, and the Machu Picchu ticket entrance, train tickets, and Machu Picchu Bus (if these are already booked).
- Refund of the deposit paid to Bookyogaretreats is non-refundable based on their policies. Date changes are at times available. Deposits paid to Bookretretreats are based on the conditions of the listing and the page. For deposits paid to Retreatguru, the same applies as with Bookretreats.
- Deposits paid via the WeTravel platform are a direct booking and are fully under the discretion of the organizer, named as Host. This way to book is the most flexible.
- The option of hosting the retreat for 4, 3, 2 or 1 people only can be discussed with the remaining participants for an additional fee. At times, host make an exception of hosting for 3 or 4 without an extra fee.
- Host reserves the right to cancel a booking in the rare case, she finds that the person who has registered is not ready for the type of experience and may then suggest another type of trip. This may be done for the best for the person, host & Team and other participant.
- Host reserves the right to make changes to any aspect of the Retreat, or to cancel part of the Retreat entirely, at any time due to conditions in the destination country or the world, including but not limited to acts of nature such as weather or other natural disasters, pandemics, and other “acts of God”, acts of war or terrorism, terrorist threats, civil unrest, riots, strikes, trade disputes, interruption of transportation, government or political actions or orders, change of law or regulation, suspension of civil rights, crime, or for any other reason whatsoever outside the reasonable control of Host. This is a force majeure provision. In such an event, if the changes or cancellation occur more than 90 days from the start of the Retreat (and Participant does not wish to accept the changes), 100% of any payments made by Participant will be refunded to Participant, less the Reservation Deposit and; if the changes or cancellation occur between 61 and 90 days prior to the start of the Retreat (and Participant does not wish to accept the changes), 50% of any payments made by Participant will be refunded to Participant, less the Reservation Deposit, administrative fee, and the Machu Picchu ticket entrance, train tickets, and Machu Picchu Bus (if these are already booked); or if the changes or cancellation occur 60 days or less prior to the start of the Retreat (and Participant does not wish to accept the changes), refunds may be given at the discretion of Host or Host may agree to apply all or part of any payments made to a future retreat with Host.
- If Host is unable to lead the Retreat for any reason, Host shall make their best efforts to hire a substitute host with substantially similar qualifications. If a substitute host cannot be located after reasonable diligence, Host reserves the right to cancel the Retreat. In such an event, Participant will be given a full refund of any and all payments made to Host less 50 % of the Reservation Deposit, and the Machu Picchu ticket entrance, train tickets, and Machu Picchu Bus (if these are already booked).
- In all of the above-listed events in this Paragraph, Participant hereby waives any right to claim other amounts are due to them, including but not limited to loss of time, inconvenience, visa and passport fees, airfare and other travel expenses, insurance premiums, gear purchases, and vaccination and other medical-related costs. Participating in international travel and an international retreat is risky for everyone involved, not just Participant. That is why Host strongly advises to have travel and trip cancellation insurance; such insurance helps everyone share the potential cost of the risks.
- Thank you so much for understanding and apologies for any inconveniences.
- We look forward to meeting you and sharing adventures with you.
- Administrative fee:
- Covers planning, organization, bookings, labour, taxes & more.
- Date change: One free date change within 12 months
- Email for changes: email@example.com